Affiliate links are used on this blog. Read my full disclosure here.
I love cooking with and using European Extra Virgin Olive Oil in so many dishes and dressings. It has such an amazing flavor and is so versatile!
Thanks to Moms Meet for providing this product for free to use and post my opinions.
European Extra Virgin Olive Oil facts and tips:
- European Extra Virgin Olive Oil is pressed without heat or chemicals.
- European Extra Virgin Olive Oil comes from hundreds of varities of olive trees. There is a large selection of flavor profiles for every use and occasion.
- The date of harvest affects the ripeness and taste. Early season olives are more pungent and bitter, ehile late season olives are mild and buttery.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil has very low acidity. (below 0.8%)
- Olive Oil should be stored away from light and heat and use within 6 months of opening.
Learn more Olive Oil facts and tips at flavor-your-life.com
How to use European Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
With a high smoke point, European Extra Virgin Olive Oil is perfect for frying, baking and sauteing! It’s also great in dressings and marinades.
Salmon with European Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
For this recipe from flavor-your-life.com, we used Olitalia Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Olitalia believes all great cooking revolves around great oil. Olitalia is the #1 brand most used by chefs in Italy and is now available for home cooking in the US. Look for Olitalia at Eataly locations.
To start, we prepared the marinade and let the salmon soak it up!
The recipe calls for cooking on the grill, but we actually cooked it in a skillet due to snowy weather!
The dressing is made with olive oil, lime juice, honey, coriander, salt and pepper – yum!
It plated up beautifully and was a hit with the whole family! The European Extra Virgin Olive Oil gave it such a rich flavor and was a great complement to the marinade.
Where to find this Olitalia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Available at Eataly locations